Collingwood Buildings, corner of Pudding Chare & Collingwood Street

  • Description

    "The Collingwood Buildings were built as an arcade of shops, hotel and offices in 1899. The arcade became a banking hall in 1903 and is now Revolution, a vodka bar. Initial design (including hotel) by Oliver and Leeson, completed 1903 by Cackett and Burns Dick, adapting the hotel part for use as a bank. It is a Grade II Listed Building. There is a wider view here NZ2463 : Corner of Westgate Road and Collingwood Street Prior to 1899 this corner was the location of the Wellington Hotel". Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
  • Owner

    Geograph.org.uk
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2206867
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 8 years ago
    Viewed: 694 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES