Tyne and Wear HER(12837): Newcastle, Westgate Road/Clayton Street, Gaumont Cinema

  • Description

    "The New Westgate opened on 31 October 1927. The lower storey was in stone with recesses for posters and there was a marble porch. The main staircase was in Roman stone plaster with ebony handrails. On the first floor there was an illuminated fountain (removed by the late 1930s). The parterre was on the first floor with 1200 tip-up seats. Under the balcony there was an illuminated dome...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/12837
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 456 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES