O2 Academy Newcastle

  • Description

    "Located on Westgate Road at the corner of Clayton Street, this opened on the site of a previous cinema the Picture House which opened in February 1912 and closed on 5th March 1927. The New Westgate Cinema seated 1,870 and showed its first film, Olive Borden in “The Monkey Talks” on 31 October 1927. Seating was provided for..."
  • Owner

    Cinema Treasures
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/11676
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 586 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES