Coxhoe Hall

  • Description

    "...It was set high on a south facing hillside adjacent to the site of Coxhoe medieval village. A tree-lined avenue led to the Hall and it was surrounded by grounds with terraces, tennis courts and walled garden....1938: The Hall was bought by East Hetton Colliery Co. It was requisitioned in WW2 and housed British troops and Italian and German prisoners of war. The Hall fell into disrepair and was finally demolished by the National Coal Board in 1956..."
  • Owner

    Coxhoe Local History Group
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.coxhoehistory.org/CoxhoeHall.html
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 697 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES