Tyne and Wear HER(1486): Newcastle, Newgate Street, Church of St. Andrew

  • Description

    "In the medieval period St Andrew’s was a parochial chapel dependent on St. Nicholas. The earliest masonry suggests a chancel (with decorated Norman chancel arch), a four bay aisled nave (semicircular arches on round columns) and west tower, of mid to late 12th century date...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.twsitelines.info/smr/1486
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 8 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 633 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES