DescriptionThe Blackfriars first arrived in Newcastle upon Tyne in 1239, and the site of their medieval priory (dissolved by Henry VIII in 1539) still retains that name. The Dominicans returned in the 1860s, and by 1863 they had obtained a large site at Red Barns and in 1869, the foundation stone was laid for a new church by Dunn & Hansom. The church, named in honour of Our Holy Father Dominic was opened in 1873.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License
Further informationLink: https://www.flickr.com/photos/35409814@N00/4841178110/
Resource type: Image
Added by: Pat Thomson
Last modified: 5 years, 4 months ago
Viewed: 931 times
Picture Taken: Unknown