Descriptionhttp://list.historicengland.org.uk/resultsingle.aspx?uid=1319905" >list.historicengland.org.uk/resultsingle.aspx?uid=1319905 Drinking fountain. Dated 1894; resited from St. Nicholas Square in early C20. Erected by the Band of Hope Union in memory of J. H. Rutherford. Sandstone steps; red sandstone fountain with pink granite basin. Octagonal. Renaissance style. Panelled plinth supports nosed octagonal basin with moulded, fluted pedestal to tall central column. Taps, fittings removed, in pedimented panels with inscription on entablature. Inscriptions JHR and WATER IS BEST on shields in panels.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-NonCommercial License
Further informationLink: https://www.flickr.com/photos/69959962@N00/20132484208/
Resource type: Image
Added by: Peter Smith
Last modified: 6 years, 8 months ago
Viewed: 823 times
Picture Taken: Unknown