DescriptionA statue of St Cuthbert, the 7th-century prior of Lindisfarne, and indeed, bishop of a diocese which extended throughout Northumbria, stands on the site of Lindisfarne Priory on Holy Island. The Christian faith was preached from this place to the peoples of Northumbria, and the priory functioned until the Dissolution of the Monasteries in 1537. The ruins of the church, c.1150, are all that remain of this great centre of Anglo-Saxon Christianity.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License
Further informationLink: https://www.flickr.com/photos/35409814@N00/4884887972/
Resource type: Image
Added by: Pat Thomson
Last modified: 3 years, 6 months ago
Viewed: 398 times
Picture Taken: Unknown