Tyne and Wear HER(782): Earsdon, Chapel of St. Alban

  • Description

    SiteLines - "Though St. Alban's chapel at Earsdon is not in the list of 1176, it had been founded before 1250 when the vicar of the mother church at Tynemouth was required to provide a chaplain etc. for the chapel. Until 1846 the chapelry consisted of the townships of Earsdon, Backworth, Burradon, Seghill, Holywell, Hartley, Seaton Delaval and Newsham......The chapel was demolished in 1837, and replaced with the present, larger, church."
  • Owner

    Simon Cotterill
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/782
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 324 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES