Tyne and Wear HER(783): Earsdon village

  • Description

    SiteLines - Historic Environment Record "The earliest reference to Earsdon seems to be in the early C12 when it was listed among the possessions of Tynemouth priory. In 1292, except for 2 freeholds, the whole township was in 17 bondage holdings, 14 owners of which were listed in the 1296 lay subsidy roll. The number of holdings decreased in the later Middle Ages, and in 1538 there were only 8 farms. In 1649 the common fields were enclosed...."
  • Owner

    Simon Cotterill
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.twsitelines.info/SMR/783
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 311 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES