049283:St. George's Church Osborne Road Jesmond Parry William c.1888

  • Description

    Type : Photograph Medium : Print-black-and-white Description : A view of St. George's Church Osborne Road Jesmond taken c.1888. The photograph shows the baptismal font. The bowl is made of onyx and the base of alabaster and marble. The font has an elaborate metalwork cover. The mosaic floor uses the motif of a fish in its design. St. George's Church was built on land donated by Charles Mitchell. He also paid for the church to be built. The architect was Thomas Ralph Spence and the metalwork was produced by Shirley
  • Owner

    Newcastle Libraries
  • Source

    Newcastle libraries (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Public Domain Mark
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/39821974@N06/4081924213/
    Resource type: Image
    Last modified: 3 years, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 357 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES