FORMER CHAPEL ON WEST SIDE OF GREEN - Catton - List Entry

  • Description

    Chapel, now house, dated 1870. Rubble with tooled and margined rusticated ashlar quoins and dressings; slate roof with 2 C20 roof lights, coped gables with moulded kneelers, small stone stack on left gable. Finial on right gable. 1 tall storey, 5 bays. Central gabled porch, reduced in height C20, has window with intersecting glazing bars under pointed arch and is flanked by pairs of taller 12-pane sashes of similar form in rusticated surrounds. C20 door in right return of porch. Stone inscribed 'WESLEYAN CHAPEL' with date now set against wall to left of porch, along with removed gable finials....
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1042975
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 weeks, 3 days ago
    Viewed: 36 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES