City of Carlisle Electric Tramways

  • Description

    "The City of Carlisle Electric Tramways Company operated an electric tramway service in Carlisle between 1900 and 1931.[1] The Carlisle Tramways Order of 1898 authorised the construction of an electric tramway and construction began in 1899. The system comprised 6 lines radiating from Carlisle railway station to Newtown, Stanwix, along Warwick Road to Petteril Bridge, London Road, Boundary Road and Denton Holme. The tramway was operated by the City of Carlisle Electric Tramways Co Ltd, power being taken from the Corporation's supply station in James Street...."
  • Owner

    Wikipedia
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Carlisle_Electric_Tramways
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month ago
    Viewed: 27 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES