DISPENSARY - Carlisle - List Entry

  • Description

    Dispensary, now unoccupied. Dated and inscribed on frieze DISPENSARY 1857; by John Hodgson of Carlisle. Calciferous sandstone ashlar on squared plinth with modillioned eaves cornice. Slate roof (not visible from the ground) with coped gables; original ridge brick chimney stacks with moulded stone caps. 2 storeys, 4 bays. Left panelled door and overlight in pedimented pilastered doorcase. Sash windows in stone architraves, under pediments on ground floor. Has central eye-level inscribed stone plaque recording the founding of the dispensary in 1782 and the renovation of this building in 1934.....
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1196958
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month ago
    Viewed: 36 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES