The Pedestrian Arms

  • Description

    "On Newtown Road, at the corner of Bright Street. The Pedestrian Arms was listed in street directories from 1869. Its name was changed to the North British Railway Inn around 1877, and back to the Pedestrian Arms in 1916, when the State Management Scheme took over control of Carlisle pubs (see 'Carlisle Breweries and Public Houses 1894-1916' by S. Davidson http://www.bookscumbria.com/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_2274 ). The pub closed a few months after this photo was taken, and was demolished in 2014. See also [[4609545]] ." Photo by Rose and Trev Clough, 2012.
  • Owner

    Rose and Trev Clough
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4609532
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 3 weeks, 6 days ago
    Viewed: 25 times
    Picture Taken: 2012-04-17
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES