St Oswald’s Buneside

  • Description

    Website of The Beacon Team Mission Community consists of five parishes....."...St Oswald’s Church stands in the centre of a large industrial village, the present Church was built in 1881, but there has been a Church on this site since 1602. The present building was designed by Mr C.J. Ferguson of Carlisle and built by five rag stone wallers. St Oswald’s contains many examples of fine craftsmanship much of the carving is by Mr James Hatch of Lancaster and the reredos carved by the local carving class with the help of Arthur Simpson furniture maker of Kendal, There are many examples of fine glass painting in the windows. The organ built by Wilkinson’s of Kendal was installed in 1881...."
  • Owner

    The Beacon Team Mission Community
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.beaconteam.org.uk/burneside
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 months ago
    Viewed: 86 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES