RAILWAY HOTEL, Crown Street, Cockermouth

  • Description

    The 3-storey black & white building. There were two railways in Cockermouth, the C&WR which opened on 28th April 1847 and the CK&PR which opened on 4th November 1864. They used separate stations. The RAILWAY HOTEL was alongside the earlier line and also dates from 1847. The CAMRA Good Beer Guide for 1977 described it as "A drinking man's pub." There can be no finer accolade than that. The hotel closed around 1980 and was converted into flats.
  • Owner

    john.l.irving@btopenworld.com
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? All Rights Reserved (Seek permission to reuse)
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/147545292@N02/50170773883/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 4 months, 2 weeks ago
    Viewed: 84 times
    Picture Taken: 2000-06-27T00:00:00
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES