CATHOLIC CHAPEL OF SS ROBERT AND ALICE AND PRESBYTERY, DODDING GREEN - List Entry

  • Description

    "Catholic chapel and presbytery. Mid to late C17 with alterations and additions of early C18, c1840 and 1940. Rainwater head to north end: "RSA/1682" (Robert and Alice Stevenson). Roughcast stone with slate roof. East facade of 2 storeys and 3 bays, end bays project under gables. Wide eaves and verges. Windows are mostly sashed with glazing bars, but 1st and 3rd bays of ground floor have casement....The house was left to the Catholic Church in 1723 by Robert Stevenson to serve as a chapel and presbytery, having already been in use for some years as a Mass centre..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1157927
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 11 months, 3 weeks ago
    Viewed: 127 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES