The Bodega, 125 Westgate Road, NE1

  • Description

    "Built c 1872; refurbished in 1906; and extended in 1937. The rebuild of the old Black Bull in 1872 included a shop space as well as the public house; they were combined in 1893. The plain red brickwork is enlivened by stone window surrounds, decorative stone trim to the eaves, and alternate red and cream stone over the first floor windows. The building is not listed. The Buildings of Grainger Town - No.169. See [[4406042]]." Photo by Mike Quinn, 2013.
  • Owner

    Mike Quinn
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4496557
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year ago
    Viewed: 106 times
    Picture Taken: 2013-08-28
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES