HUTTON IN THE FOREST HALL - Liost Entry

  • Description

    "Fortified tower with large country-house extensions. Late C14 or early C15 for the Hutton family with early C17 gallery by Alexander Pogmire for Henry Flecther, further 1680's extentions by Edward Addison for Sir George Fletcher, incorporating parts of the medieval and early Cl7 hall; alterations of 1824-7 by George Webster, 1845 and 1845 and 1871 by Anthony Salvin for the Fletcher Vane and Vane Families. Tower has thick dressed red sandstone walls battlemented parapet with flat roof. Other walls are of pink and red sandstone ashlar, with parapets stone battlemented, under graduated greenslate roofs with large C19 bonded red sandstone ashlar chimney stacks...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1210817
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year ago
    Viewed: 104 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES