Lime kiln below the Whitehouse Quarries

  • Description

    "Viewed from the track-bed of the old Northumberland Central Railway. The right hand kiln was built c.1860, the left hand one in 1883 after an expansion of the Whitehouse Quarries. It last burnt lime in 1924, although from c.1904 this was on a fairly intermittent basis. Both kilns are Grade 2 Listed." Photo by Russel Wills, 2016.
  • Owner

    Russel Wills
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 months, 2 weeks ago
    Viewed: 36 times
    Picture Taken: 2016-01-23
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.