DALEGARTH HALL - Eskdale - List Entry

  • Description

    "Manor house. Site occupied since C14 but present building C16 for the Stanleys (the dining-room ceiling was once ornamentally plastered, featuring the date 1599 and initials E. & A.S., for Edward and Ann Stanley). Later additions and alterations included partial demolition c1750. Coursed rubble with quoins. 45° graduated slate roofs with stone ridges. S-shaped plan; 2 storeys...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1253897
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 163 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES