Cox Green railway station (site), Tyne & Wear

  • Description

    "Opened in 1853 as "Coxgreen Halt" by the York Newcastle & Berwick Railway, soon to be part of the North Eastern Railway, on the line from Durham to Sunderland. It became "Coxgreen Crossing" in 1857 and "Coxgreen" in 1857, changing to "Cox Green" in 1931. It closed in 1964. View north east towards Hylton and Sunderland from the site of the level crossing. There were two parallel platforms. The main building on the right has been extended as part of a private house." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2021.
  • Owner

    Nigel Thompson
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6852802
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 171 times
    Picture Taken: 2021-05-29
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES