Washington railway station (England)

  • Description

    "....The first station in Washington was opened on 16 April 1835 as an intermediate stop on the Stanhope & Tyne Railway passenger service between Durham Turpike and South Shields.....The second station was situated on Station Road, south of the railway bridge and level crossing on Usworth Station Road and Washington Road respectively and was closer to Washington Village than the first station had been. Adjacent to the station were brickworks a wire rope works and a large chemicals plant. North of the footbridge were two buildings: one was the rear of a goods shed and the other was lower with a hipped roof..."
  • Owner

    Wikipedia
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_railway_station_(England)
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 139 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES