Clock Tower Grange Over Sands

  • Description

    The Clock Tower in Grange over sands. The plaque reads "Clock Tower. At midday on 4th December 1912, Mrs Sophia Deardon, a local benefactor, presented this clock tower to Grange. A previous construction had been removed to make way for an extension to St Paul's Church. Materials used to construct the tower include local limestone and sandstone from St. Bees in Cumberland. Mrs Deardon also donated woodland around Yewbarrow Cragg to Grange as a recreational facility for local people." A little history on it's centenary year.
  • Owner

    gordon2208
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/8867673@N08/7945639644/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 1 year, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 163 times
    Picture Taken: 2012-08-28T02:12:24
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES