The Clock Tower, Grange-over-Sands

  • Description

    ""At midday on 4th December 1912, Mrs. Sophia Deardon, a local benefactor, presented this clock tower to Grange. A previous construction had to be removed to make way for an extension to St Paul's church. Materials used to construct the tower include local limestone and sandstone from St. Bees in Cumberland. Mrs. Deardon also donated woodland around Yewbarrow Cragg to Grange as a recreational facility for local people."" Photo by Neil Theasby, 2022.
  • Owner

    Neil Theasby
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/7291547
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 222 times
    Picture Taken: 2022-09-23
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES