CLOCK TOWER - Grange-over-Stands

  • Description

    "Clock tower. 1912. Snecked limestone with red sandstone ashlar dressings and 8-sided slate roof. Of square plan with tapering diagonal buttresses which terminate above eaves level, where each is carved with a reversed 'S'. Each side has a tall glazed slit opening above a string course, and a clock face with ashlar surround. Below the overhanging eaves each face has a 3-light mullioned opening. At ground level the west side has a moulded doorway. Above is a plaque inscribed: 'AMORIS DONUM 1912'...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1269687
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 136 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES