The corner of Dean Street and Mosley Street

  • Description

    "The building on the corner with entrance on Mosley Street was built in 1870-72 by Gibson for the National Provincial Bank, later National Westminster. Tyne and Wear HER (9209): Newcastle, Mosley Street, No. 26, National Westminster Bank http://www.twsitelines.info The ground floor used to be Jonny Ringos Bar, and is now The Lodge. Mosley Street is to the right, with the crown spire of St Nicholas Cathedral visible above the buildings. A view down the street to this corner is here [[1692847]]. The brightly painted buildings on Dean Street to the left are the Cathedral Buildings which back onto the churchyard [[1121997]]." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010.
  • Owner

    Andrew Curtis
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1697826
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Peter Smith
    Last modified: 1 year, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 330 times
    Picture Taken: 2010-01-24
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES