Earthworks at Haresceugh

  • Description

    "Written in 'Oldie' writing on a 1:25K map is Haresceaugh Castle, next to the farm that bears the same name. The history is very brief, a Medieval Manor was recorded here in the 12thC, and a later Hall was recorded on the site in 1660, this building was in great ruin and mostly pulled down in 1820. The last of the stone building collapsed in 1866 and the stones have been removed from the site. It is shown on the 1867 map. But nothing more is shown on later maps." Photo by Matthew Hatton, 2015.
  • Owner

    Matthew Hatton
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4492575
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 204 times
    Picture Taken: 2015-05-23
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES