St Andrew's Wallace Green

  • Description

    Official Website of the church. "...More than one hundred and sixty years ago, on 19 June 1859, the first service was held in the newly built Wallace Green Church, and ever since that day not only has the building stood as a visible reminder to the population of Berwick-upon-Tweed ....As the history of the ensuing years makes clear, society has changed beyond recognition and the congregation itself has gone through many changes – the most recent ones being its becoming part of the Church of Scotland in 1971 and its union with St. Andrew’s and Lowick in 1987..."
  • Owner

    St Andrew's Wallace Green
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://sawg.org.uk/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month, 2 weeks ago
    Viewed: 53 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES