ST MICHAEL'S PANT - Alnwick - List Entry

  • Description

    "St Michael's Pant (Formerly listed under St Michael's Lane). NU 1813 SE 1/110 20.2.52. II* GV 2. In front of Nos 33 and 35. 1765. Built by Matthew Mills, designed by Mr. Bell. 'Gothick'. High square base with blind cusped pointer arch to each face and set back angle buttresses with blind pointed arch and cusped finial on top of each Moulded cornice with quatrefoil, blind tracery parapet. St Michael and Dragon (the symbol of the Town) on top of traceried octagonal drum - lacks spear, carries shield with a cross patonce. Worn gargoyle for water spout into large square trough...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1041464
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 273 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES