ALBERT MEMORIAL - Saltburn - List Entry

  • Description

    "Garden pavilion, formerly Barnard Castle railway station portico. 1854, re-erected as the Albert Temple, 1864 by Messrs. Shaftoe & Barry of York for Saltburn Improvement Company. Ashlar; roof not visible. Classical style. Paired Corinthian columns support entablature and dentil pediment of porch roof; in wall behind, paired Corinthian pilasters flank large round-headed niche. Re-erected at cost of »300 for the SIC as a feature in their newly laid out `enclosed pleasure grounds'...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1387584
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 286 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES