Old Mortuary Building

  • Description

    "Situated below Cat Nab on the coast road the mortuary, dating from 1882, was last used in the 1960s for bodies washed up from the sea. In recent times it has been used as a wood store by the Tees Valley wildlife Trust. Unfortunately the trust no longer needs such a storage facility so its future is somewhat uncertain. The stones on the road are the result of the recent high spring tides." Photo by Mick Garratt, 2007.
  • Owner

    Mick Garratt
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/377354
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 273 times
    Picture Taken: 2007-03-25
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES