COUNCIL OFFICES VICTORIA HALL INCLUDING ATTACHED OFFICES AND RESTAURANT - Grange Over Sands - List Entry

  • Description

    "Council offices and public hall. 1898. By John Hutton of Kendal. Snecked limestone rubble with sandstone ashlar dressings and slate roof. 2 storeys; 6-window range, with mullioned and transomed windows. The 2nd and 6th window bays contain round-arched doorways with pilasters which curve forwards to support open pediments. Wide timber window on the ground floor to left. Above the 1st, 2nd, and 6th window bays there are shaped gables with ball finials. Above window bays 3-5 there is a wider shaped gable which has a ball finial with spikes. A rainwater hopper towards the left is dated '1898'. To the left a further gable in similar style with restaurant and office entrance to ground floor. INTERIOR: said to have iron staircase, friezes, and balcony with decorative plasterwork...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1269689
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month, 1 week ago
    Viewed: 44 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES