St Aidan's Church - Boosebeck

  • Description

    "St Aidan's Church was built in 1900 of stone, of the 12th Century style, with chancel, nave, transept, west porch with turret. It is the main church for the parish of Boosbeck and Lingdale, its partner church being St Chads at Lingdale. The parish is part of a plurality with the parish of Skelton w. Upleatham. The church building stands alone on high ground to the north east of the former ironstone mining village of Boosbeck. The building remains in the form in which it was consecrated in 1901, although the surrounding churchyard is now closed and has been passed to the Local Authority..."
  • Owner

    Church of England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.achurchnearyou.com/church/19245/about-us/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month, 3 weeks ago
    Viewed: 31 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES