St Cuthbert’s Church Hall

  • Description

    "St Cuthbert’s Sunday School was built in 1881 on land given by Robert Dickenson of Shotley House. It was enlarged in 1886 and 1897. The lower level was once used a living quarters for the church verger. A modern extension was built in 1999/2000 and dedicated by the Bishop of Durham in September 2000. It was funded with the aid of grants from the Big Lottery Fund and other charitable trusts. This two-storey extension on the east side of the building provides new toilets, storage rooms, and an additional, larger meeting room. Existing basement space was also renovated....."
  • Owner

    Shotley Bridge Village Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://shotleybridgevillagetrust.com/plaques/st-cuthberts-church-hall/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 2 years, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 362 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES