Christ Church, Coatham

  • Description

    Details of the Church and Services. "....Christ Church, Coatham was designed by Architects Coe & Goodwin, and built in 1854 from the benefaction of Mrs Teresa Newcomen. This impressive building is constructed in squared random Caen sandstone ‘rubble’ with Bath stone dressings. Welsh slate roofs. A West tower, clerestoried and aisled nave with south porch, chancel with south C19 organ chamber and north vestry....Chancel windows 1858 by G,W, Terry, and Fussel and Clouser (London). East and west windows 1865 by Wailes (Newcastle). Font, Pulpit, Sedilia, Reredos and Piscina 1865 by Sir Gilbert Scott. Plain octagonal font on four engaged shafts. Octagonal pulpit ...."
  • Owner

    Church of England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.achurchnearyou.com/church/19250/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 8 months, 1 week ago
    Viewed: 74 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES