Rosedale Manor, Harelaw

  • Description

    "This fine old house isn't actually a manor; it was built in 1840 as the vicarage for the village of Harelaw. It looks a very grand vicarage for a little village, but in those days Harelaw was a more important place than it is today. It was originally part of the Township of Kyo, which dates from the early middle ages. Many of the surrounding villages didn't exist then; they date only from the 18th or 19th centuries and the start of the coalmining industry." Photo by Robert Graham, 2013.
  • Owner

    Robert Graham
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3474357
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 400 times
    Picture Taken: 2013-05-23
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES