Siddick (Junction) railway station (site), Cumbria

Related Pages



  • Description

    "Opened in 1880 by the London & North Western Railway on the line from Barrow-in-Furness to Carlisle, this station closed in 1934. View south west towards Workington and Barrow. Only old maps show this was the site, where the view of the track disappears. No trace remains, unless the small hump to the right of the track is the remains of a platform." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2013.
  • Owner

    Nigel Thompson
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 218 times
    Picture Taken: 2013-07-14
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.