Description"See []. Following the dissolution of the monasteries in 1539 the former friary buildings were kept as a base for Henry VIII’s Council of the North and became known as the King’s Manor. The tower was added to the manor at this time to provide security for the soldiers based there. For further info, see http://www.newcastlegateshead.com/things-to-do/holy-jesus-hospital-p519441 ." Photo by Mike Quinn, 2014.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4286497
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 7 months ago
Viewed: 114 times
Picture Taken: 2014-12-16