Bede Memorial Cross

  • Description

    "Grade II listed monument built in 1904 by GW Millburn and CC Hodges, and dedicated to Venerable Bede and Eadfrith of Lindisfarne. The memorial includes extracts from Bede’s writing. The cross was removed in 1914, in the First World War, and returned to this site in 1921. Removed again during the Second World War. The seating to the left of picture is on the base of one of a pair of guns of the coastal gun battery installed on the cliff top. The battery was re-used during WW2." Photo by John M, 2018.
  • Owner

    John M
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5848169
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Splat
    Last modified: 4 months, 1 week ago
    Viewed: 63 times
    Picture Taken: 2018-07-14
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES