Description"The church was designed in the Decorated period of Gothic architecture by the renowned architect Anthony Salvin. It was opened for worship in 1846. The magnificent East Window, one of only three of its kind in Europe, was designed and created in Munich and depicts St Paul and St Barnabus preaching at Antioch. This was installed in 1856. Originally an Anglican parish church, St Paul's has served as Alnwick’s Roman Catholic church since 1982, and the previous (smaller) Catholic Church was converted into the Bailiffgate Museum. http://www.stpauls-alnwick.co.uk/" Photo by Russel Wills, 2012.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2988603
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 year, 10 months ago
Viewed: 249 times
Picture Taken: 2012-06-11