Description"Now called the 'Dirty Bottles', the original inn was called 'The Cross' but in 1725 the landlord died of a heart attack while cleaning the front window. Believing it to be cursed the window was shuttered and never (supposedly) reopened. The state of the window gave rise to the name 'Dirty Bottles'. For a view of the plaque refer to picture []." Photo by Len Williams, 2016.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4993455
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Viewed: 70 times
Picture Taken: 2016-05-28