The Britannia Inn

  • Description

    Website of the Britannia Inn. "...The Britannia Inn was built approximately 500 years ago as a gentleman's farm house and was converted to an Inn sometime during the 19th century. The Inn has always served the local community and was used extensively by local quarrymen and workers from the nearby gun powder factory which closed in 1929. The current owners took over the Inn in 1978 as a family business and have been involved with the running of the business ever since. Andrew and Anna Parker are now live-in managers and always on hand to offer a traditional warm Lakeland welcome..."
  • Owner

    The Britannia Inn
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.thebritanniainn.com/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 month, 2 weeks ago
    Viewed: 28 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES