CHURCH OF ST JAMES - Tebay - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish Church. Completed 1880, architect C. J. Ferguson. Rock-faced snecked granite blocks; dressed-stone details. Graduated slate roofs. Built on sloping site: Single-storey aisle-less nave and chancel; north porch and apsidal western baptistry are 2-storey, with 3-stage bell-turret between. 5 bays overall....1930 polygonal granite pulpit; tapered, cylindrical granite font in baptistry. Good early C20 stained glass by T Curtis of Ward & Hughes (London), including First World War commemorative window on south side, and Abbott & Co (Lancaster)...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1326774
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 weeks, 1 day ago
    Viewed: 25 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES