Kendal Gillinggate

  • Description

    Built 1894. In 1934 the mission work of Kendal Friends ceased and the building was rented to the Methodists until 1954 when Friends gave them the meeting house for their mission work. After a time it became a youth centre and is now used by the Salvation Army.
  • Owner

    Britain Quaker Meeting Houses
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/98826199@N00/4963584989/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 190 times
    Picture Taken: 2010-09-04T10:44:44
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES