CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS - Scotby - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. 1854, by Salvin, for George Head Head. Rough dressed red sandstone walls with ashlar quoins and dressings, graduated slate roof with coped gables and kneelers. 2-storey, south-east tower, with single storey nave of 5 bays and 2-bay chancel. Square tower which projects from south wall between nave and chancel....C19 font, C20 pews, carved oak pulpit, panelled wood altar dado and rail. C19 and C20 stained glass to 5 side windows, some of 1879 thought to be by Powell..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1335538
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 234 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES