Description"This was built in 1773, according to the listing details, although the Visit Cumbria website states that building started in 1806. It replaced much of the Lowther New Town village, which had replaced the original village. It is perhaps unusual in that each group of houses has a different shape." Photo by Humphrey Bolton, 2001.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6702548
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 3 months ago
Viewed: 367 times
Picture Taken: 2001-02-18