CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT - Clifton - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. C12 with C13 and C14 additions, partly rebuilt in 1846. Red and calciferous sandstone rubble (and some limestone), the aisle large blocks of sandstone. Graduated greenslate roofs with coped gables, cross finial and west open bellcote. 2-bay nave with north aisle and south porch; 2-bay chancel. Nave walls have been almost completely rebuilt in 1846, but the porch and north aisle appear to be C14 and original features have been incorporated in its rebuilding. West wall of nave is partly original with stepped plinth but with C19 2-light tracery window. South wall has rebuilt C12 doorway within porch. Rebuilt C17 2-light stone-mullioned south window. Aisle has C14 segmental-arched doorway with hollow-chamfered surround....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1348695
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 213 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES