St Mary Thrimby

  • Description

    "The Church of St. Mary Thrimby is situated in the rural farming village of Little Strickland. It is a medieval church, first restored in 1686, then in 1813 moved from the original position near the river, to the centre of Little Strickland. It is in a reasonable state of repair with a churchyard still open. There are approximately twenty houses with three working farms. The population is a mix of working families and retired people. As Little Strickland school was closed in 1976, the primary aged children now go to Morland Church of England primary school. For secondary education there is the option of Penrith or Appleby...."
  • Owner

    North Westmorland Churches
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://northwestmorlandchurches.org.uk/the-churches/st-mary-thrimby/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 week, 6 days ago
    Viewed: 28 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES